Errol Bowling Club has been at the heart of the village's outdoor bowls community since 1879. Our dedicated site provides information about the club and its activities.
The bowling club is small friendly club run and managed by its members and it's committee.
The Club warmly welcomes all new and experienced bowlers who wish to try out or continue participation in this enjoyable sport.
The Bowling season is from mid April to the end of September and Members can access the green at any time after 1.00pm to sunset. Members regularly take part
in a variety of outside competitions – individual, pairs, triples and rinks. Members also participate in club competitions, friendly games against other clubs and special events.
The bowling green has 5 outdoor rinks and is affiliated to SBA and both men’s and ladies indoors county associations.
There is a thriving social membership and frequent events are held in the bowling pavilion throughout the season and during the closed season from October to April, to enable everyone to keep in
Annual bowling activities undertaken by the club.
The club is a member of a number of Bowling Associations that run competitions for their member clubs.
- Bowls Scotland, an organisation formed in 2010/11 from the amalgamation of the Scottish Bowling Association and the Scottish Women’s Bowling
Association. The club enters both Gents and Ladies tournaments comprising Over 55 years Fours and Singles, Junior Singles (under 25 years when membership permits), Fours Triples Pairs, Mixed Pairs
and Singles these are all played in regional qualifiers with the National Championships at Ayr in July and August each year.
- Perthshire Bowling Association, Errol Bowling Club is a founder member of this association which is over 100 years old, it is for Gents
competition only and it also runs the same format of competitions as Bowls Scotland for County Championships. The association also runs a competition called The Campbell Trophy which is an inter club
competition played by three rinks from each club in an open draw at a neutral venue. There is also The National Top Ten Tournament which is 10 players from each club arranged as single handed, pairs,
triples, and fours. There is a new competition started in 2016 which the club has entered this year which is the Top 5, this is 5 single handed matches between clubs in an open draw.
- Perth and Perthshire Bowling Association, This is the Ladies County Association it runs similar competitions to Bowls Scotland and our club
enters the competitions that the ladies decide on depending on availability of players.
- Three Counties, formerly the Forfarshire, Fifeshire and Perthshire Bowling Association, this is a very old competition and is as the title
suggests is played by member clubs in these counties 3 rinks from each club play at three neutral venues against opposition from any of the counties, played on the second Saturday of August it is a
competition for male club members.
- Perth and District Ladies League, this association runs a league for 2 rinks per member club in weekly competition during the bowling season,
it also runs a nominations competition comprising singles, pairs, triples and fours.
- Perth and District League, the male equivalent of above running similar competitions with 3 rinks instead of 2 and also a mixed Top Ten which
Errol does not enter.
- Carse of Gowrie Bowling Association, The association runs a league competition for member clubs on Friday nights and a cup competition on a
single evening in June both for 3 rinks of Gents it also runs an over 55 triples league played on Tuesday afternoons played by two triples which culminates in an all-day inter club competition for
the Harry Reid Trophy, it also runs a mixed Top Ten competition following the completion of the League.
- Friendly Matches, During the season the club arranges and plays friendly matches against clubs from the local area mainly from Dundee and
Perth and surrounding areas, played on Saturday afternoon it is an opportunity to meet and greet bowlers from other clubs and enjoy good company. The Ladies section has their friendlies mainly on
Weekday evenings which are generally played by fewer but no less enthusiastic bowlers.
- Club Competitions, The club runs a large number of internal competitions for all members both over the season and on individual Sundays.
- Club Night, Held on Tuesday evenings and open to all members and is the place to learn the game.
- Tournament Invitations, the club receives many invitations for our members to enter open competitions, held in various formats they usually
require an entry fee and involve prize money for success, this includes the Bowls Scotland Super Series for singles or pairs over and above substantial prize money winners receive ranking points
which are used to rank players for potential selection for the Scotland High performance Squad.
If you have any queries or wish to contact us:
TEL: 01821 642586
GENTS MATCH Secretary email: email@example.com
LADIES MATCH Secretary email : firstname.lastname@example.org